Our core services
At the Hindustan Trekking Company we offer a range of treks and adventures of varying lengths to suit all ages and levels of fitness. As always they are geared towards your comfort with clean and comfortable tents and a high standard of food to ensure that you can sit back and enjoy your trip of a lifetime.
Although we do have our own detailed itineraries for our various adventures – that have been carefully researched and fine tuned over the years – we would be only too happy to customise an itinerary for you.
Our range of adventures includes:
- Multi day treks in many parts of the Himalayas – either on our standard tours or customised to your requirements.
- Jeep safaris for those of you who want to experience a wider range of scenery from the comfort of a 4 wheel drive.
- We also offer on-location photography workshops in three formats, each providing a unique experience:
- Multi-day treks with full support offered to the adventurous photographer who wants the equipment and flexibility to capture the ‘perfect’ picture in the field.
- Jeep safaris for with the same level of support to capture a range of photographs across a wider range of environments
- ‘In house’ photography workshops at Sitla Estate over 1 or 2 days over weekend breaks where there are ample opportunities to work on some of the areas we will cover on the course.
- All of the photography tours include the hands on experience found in the field, coupled with relevant technical instruction and support. Including image processing using Photoshop – a key component of the photography learning experience that is frequently missed when on location
- A wide variety of interest trips can also be offered, including, bird watching, wildlife, and cultural tours as well as additional visits to other sites in India. We have arrangements in place with prestigious travel companies in India to ensure our high standards will be maintained.
For all of our adventures we provide the following:
- Experienced guides.
- Full end to end support from the moment you land to the moment you leave including transfers, transport, porters, permits and sightseeing activities.
- All necessary equipment (except for personal trekking and photography gear).
- Full board during the tour.
- Comfortable accommodation – whether it is in tents, homestays, teahouses or local hotels.
- Medical support and instruction.
- Detailed kit lists before each tour.
For your part all you need to bring along your personal gear (including sleeping bag, camera, batteries, suntan lotion, etc) as well as having the appropriate medical and travel insurance together with details of your medical history, current conditions and medication.
We will recommend the appropriate medication for altitude.