What to expect
Whilst our treks are individual and uniques experiences, a typical day on trail with us would be:
- All you have to carry is a small day pack with your water, rain gear and a packed lunch. Carrying anything in addition to this is completely voluntary. We will have ponies and porters to carry the rest of your luggage for you.
- Every day we shall be walking for approximately 6 hrs. Distance covered will vary depending on the sort of terrain we are negotiating.
- Special care has been taken to ensure that our rate of ascent is controlled so that we do not have any altitude related problems. In addition, your trek leader is trained to tackle medical emergencies and will be equipped with a comprehensive first–aid kit.
- Whilst trekking, our schedule would be as follows: Every morning you will be woken up at 6:30 am. Tea / coffee will be ready and waiting in the dining tent and each person will be given a bowl of warm water to wash with. Breakfast will be served at 7:30 am. At 8:00 am we will start our day’s trek.
- When you come for breakfast, please make sure your bags are packed and placed outside your tents.
- Once you start the day’s trek with your trek leader, the rest of our team will pack all the tents and load them, as well as all your bags, onto ponies and reach the next camp site before we will.
- By the time we reach our camp, all tents will be pitched and ready. Hot chocolate / tea / coffee will be waiting for us.
- Though you have to bring your own sleeping bags, we will be providing a mattress for you to sleep on.
- Lunch will be at a scenic spot during our day’s trek. Breakfast and dinner (7:00 pm) will be served in the dinning tent.